Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weekend with Guaps and Grams

With everything going on, we decided we needed a little vacation. So we packed up the car and headed to Atlanta to spend the weekend with Guaps and Grams (Mike's Parents). It was a weekend packed with activities to say the least. We didn't get there until 2 am Saturday morning because we had a Christmas party Friday night that I had to attend. When we finally made it out of bed on Saturday we headed to Stone Mountain. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures but as soon as Guaps sends them to me, I will post them. He got some really good ones. When the sun started going down we went to the Christmas celebration there. It was so pretty with all the lights, but to say it was cold does not even come close to how cold it was. We were absolutely freezing! So cold in fact, we were only able to stay until about 7:30. By that point our toes, fingers, noses and every other part of our body was in pain! But it sure was fun while it lasted.


_______________________________________


On Sunday we went to the Aquarium. We have been before but I don't know if you could ever get tired of that place. Makayla was a little older this time so I think she enjoyed it more. While we were eating lunch Makayla looked up, pointed, and shouted out "Santa Claus". We all looked up and sure enough....Santa Claus!! For some reason, we weren't expecting him at the aquarium...although we should had known better... just one more way for them to make a little money. She had to go talk to him, so we of course did. They had the longest coversation. There was no line, so she was able to spent a lot of time with him. She told him what all she wanted then she asked "Where is Rudolph the BIG nose reindeer". He told her he was resting for Christmas Eve and that he flew on an airplane to get here. Good answer, or at least it was good enough for her. In the process, we got maybe one of the best Christmas pictures ever with Santa this year. She was so happy to see him and talk to him and you can see it all over her face.

Thank you so much Grams and Guaps for such a wonderful weekend. It was so nice to be able to spend some quality time with the two of you. We all had a blast and Makayla especially enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is a look of pure joy on her face--how sweet!! Glad you guys had fun! I hae to ask--Guaps?!

Kate & Gabe said...

I was wondering where Gaups came from too. :) I love the picture with Santa - so sweet!