We went to get our Christmas tree tonight. It still three weeks before Christmas so we thought there would be plenty. No such luck! We went to 3 places on our side of town. All were COMPLETELY out of trees! Home Depot and Publix had them but Mike refused to buy them there. He said that took the fun out of it and it wouldn't feel like Christmas. I personally think a trees a tree, but what do I know. Finally we found this one place that said they had ran out but just got a new shipment in today. We asked Makayla which one she wanted and she said a big one. The man asked what size and Mike said 10-12 feet. I looked at him like he had lost his mind. He said "It will fit", I said "In who's house". The man takes us over to the biggest tree he had on his lot and Mike said "this one will work". I reminded him that it was too big, but he insisted it would fit. Well on the way home he mumbles under his breath...this tree might be too big, I don't know how I'm going to get inside by myself. I just laughed and said nothing because that was more than enough at the moment. Lucky for him, it fit. Seriously, an inch taller and he would of had to start cutting. We didn't get to have a tree topper this year though. For two reasons, there wasn't room at the top, and no one could reach the top (even with a chair). So here is our enormous Christmas. Ignore the Charlie Brown look, I didn't have enough lights or garland!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment